The City of Port Coquitlam is giving residents more opportunities to sort their waste properly over the holidays with a new extended waste collection schedule.
Extra collection of blue, green and garbage carts will take place between Dec. 16 and Jan. 8 to help residents avoid long gaps in service over the holidays. The revised service schedule is as follows:
- Dec. 16-20: blue and garbage cart pickup in all zones, based on usual pickup day.
- Dec. 23, 24 and 27: green and garbage cart pickup in zones 3, 4 and 5, based on usual pickup day.
- Dec. 30-31: green and garbage cart pickup in zones 1 and 2, based on usual pickup day. Blue cart pickup available upon request: Operations Centre, 604.927.5496.
- Jan. 2-3: blue and garbage cart pickup in zones 3 and 4, based on usual pickup day.
- Jan. 6-8: blue and green cart pickup in zones 5, 2 and 1, based on usual pickup day.
Residents are asked to continue to sort their waste correctly while using this extra service:
- Place all food scraps, food-soiled papers and plant/yard trimmings in the green cart. Visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/green to view a video about how to recycle a Christmas tree in the green cart.
- Place clean paper (including wrapping paper), plastic and tins in the blue cart.
Information about how to properly sort waste is available:
- at www.portcoquitlam.ca/wasteloss,
- in the City of Port Coquitlam’s 2014 Community Calendar, distributed to households on Dec. 4 or available at City facilities, and
- in printed format at City Hall.