This Year's Festival
11:00 am to 3:00 pm
1) Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam. Proceed north up Coast Meridian Road in Port Coquitlam. Turn right onto Laurier and park at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Activities and displays are in the gymnasium.
2) Tour the Hyde Creek Education Center and Hatchery at 3636 Coast Meridian Road, to see an an operating hatchery and more activities -- just a short walk down the PoCo Trail behind the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Follow the signs !!!
FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
• Many informative and interactive environmental displays and exhibits.
• Salmon Hatchery Tours & Nature Walks
• See the salmon close up with DFO in-stream salmon demonstrations and salmon dissections
• Crafts, face painting, try your hand at fly casting and decorate a salmon cookie are a few of the many "hands on" actiities.
• Lions BBQ with Salmon burgers and salmon chowder
• Fundraising Raffle has many incredible prizes.
• Free Parking
The Hyde Creek Watershed Society would like to send out a special thank you to our corporate sponsors:
TD-Friends of the Environment, Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association, Vancity, Fortis BC and Port Metro Vancouver.
Thanks also to the City of Port Coquitlam for their ongoing support of our annual Hyde Creek Salmon Festival.
As well, we graciously acknowledge and thank all volunteers, participants, donors, and supporters of the Society and this Festival.